Monday, March 23, 2009

Well, ended up quitting.

(Written March 22, 2009, ganked from my LJ)

Billie told me yesterday that my scheduled time was 2-10. She said, "I have the schedule right in front of me."

Well, my manager calls around noon and tells Scott that I'm supposed to be in at 11. 11-7. So basically, she deliberately lied to me. I walked in to work today, and I asked Mike if I was in danger of being fired. He said, "No, but I am going to write you up."

I thought about it all of 2 seconds before I said, "You know, I'll just save you the trouble. I quit. Goodbye." And I caught Scott before he was able to leave me behind. Why should I be wrote up when the market manager who had the schedule in front of her told me the wrong time on purpose, probably intending that I get wrote up!

If I'm working for someone that petty and immature, I seriously don't have to put up with it. I don't have to work. I have a chronic mental illness. I am on disability. I work part time sometimes to make a little extra money and to help out the company I'm working for. I am a loyal and trustworthy and hardworking person. I will not work for a company that hires people that deliberately lie to their employees to get them in trouble. I don't think she thought I'd quit, well she had another thing coming. You can't fire someone if they quit.

Good luck finding someone as good at the job as I was, willing to work all weekends. I prefer weekend work because most of the time I don't have my daughter on weekends. So really, its their loss, not mine.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, stuff like this makes me so angry. It happens all the time. People who have a tiny little inch of power think they can do and say as they want to everyone else and get away with it. I used to have a boss who was always getting me into trouble. I'm not sure she was trying to deliberately do it but she messed up all the time and always blamed me for her messes to the higher ups. The day I walked out of there was the happiest day EVER.

    Those people need to start realizing their assets in people like you and start appreciating them or they'll spend forever unhappy and employing substandard idiots instead.

    ReplyDelete